Since I became a mother I’ve faced many unusual challenges for me. They were mainly related to my child’s raise. Such challenges kept exaggerating in my head due to the unintentional fears parenting brings to parents’ lives. One of the most frightening situations for me has been, and still is, the moment when my son gets ill having high temperature. I am very grateful to all those incredible and sweet mothers, who helped me with their practical tips via mothers’ online groups and dedicated pages.
Finally, today is my turn to give back and offer my contribution to parents facing situations of children having high temperature. Today I’ll summarize in this article all the practical tips and advice, I have encountered during my parent life.
“Parents don’t make mistakes because they don’t care, but because they care so deeply.”
11 Practical Tips When your Child have High Body Temperature
- When child is having high temperature, no thick/heavy clothes should be dressed, nor thick blankets should be used.
- Medication should only be applied when the temperature exceeds 38.5˚C.
- Vinegar compresses are not allowed for children under 2 years old. It lowers temperature very fast and may lead to dangerous low body temperatures (under 35.5˚C).
- Change/alternate the temperature reduction syrups if one of them does not lower your child’s high temperature.
- Attention! Never exceed the amount of syrup and the period of regeneration specified in the instructions letter inside of the syrup’s box.
- Full-bodied or partial baths with tepid water are a great tool for lowering high body temperature.
- In cases where a child vomits the syrup taken orally, use paracetamol suppository for babies. They are faster in reducing high temperature and thus should be used at lower doses than the orally taken syrups. Make sure to check the dose of paracetamol suppositories you use.
- Check the effectiveness of the syrup at least 30 minutes to 1 hour after it is taken by the child. Make sure to measure child’s temperature every 20 min, either by thermometer or by touching with hand or lips in the babies’ forehead.
- Do not wake your baby even while having high temperature. Sleeping is a very good cure for a sick child. As soon as the temperature increases significantly the child will wake up crying.
- Special attention should be given to feed you sick child with as much fresh fruit juices as you could, especially those that contain vitamin C (orange juice, kiwi, mandarin, etc.).
- If the child’s temperature exceeds 39.4˚C or lasts for three days, it is best to convey the child to the pediatric emergency for medical examination to understand the cause of the high temperature.
“Parental love is the only that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.” – Dr. T.P. Chia
Always have a thermometer at your home. Our proposal is this thermometer that is used to measure ear temperature and forehead temperature for babies, and older kids. Proven technology and safety, for immediate temperature measuring. The red light will warn you about high temperature situations. Click on the photo to buy the thermometer, today with 44% OFF for your pleasure.
Should you be interested to see more fantastic products for your family, please visit FAMILY+ e-SHOP. You’ll find there our Wish Lists per each category, with selected and high-quality products. Click on the name of the shop to buy products that fit your needs. Please keep in mind that our website contains affiliated links and purchasing through them support the continuation of our work.
These are practical tips and advice gained from the experience of hardworking mothers. Keep in mind that no child grows without getting sick and most of the our worries for our children are harmless. Young children are much stronger than they seem to us, so dear parents let’s be courageous and keep doing our best. If you think this article is also useful for other parents, please take the time to like and share it with your friends and followers on social networks.
Should you find this article interesting and useful, please feel free to Like and Share it with your friends and followers on social networks.